Sunday, September 19, 2010

The further adventures...

In the living room, the sofa is against the wall adjacent to the front door. That was one of Smidley's favorite spots. If the front door was open, he could get up there and look out the screen door and put his little nose in the wind. That way he could smell what was going on.

If someone knocked on the door, Smid would go crazy until he found out who it was. Smid was only friendly to family. With anyone else, he was hard to calm down. I usually had to hold him back with one hand when I opened the door. He came in handy when people from various churches came by to chat. They usually didn't stay long.

I missed my chance at the "witty" remark one day when a couple of cute girls came by from the Latter Day Saints. The remark occurred to me after I closed the door. It would've had something to do with Sidney getting the runs the last time he ate a missionary. Oh well, maybe in Smid's next life.

No comments:

Post a Comment